myUNT Student Account Tile

What information can I find in my Student Account tile?
You can view recommended action messages, your overall account balance, and detailed information about tuition and fee charges, payments, disbursed financial aid, anticipated financial aid, and refunds.  You can also make payments, sign up for a payment plan, and manage your refund preference.
Can I print a copy of my Student Term Summary?

Yes, on your Student Term Summary, click on the 'Print as PDF' button to generate a pdf file that can be saved or printed.  The Student Term Summary pdf will expand all summary sections to show detailed charges and payments.

Can I view my Student Account tile on my phone?

Yes.  Your Student Account tile can be viewed on any device that can access myUNT. 

  • On a mobile device, you will be presented with a nagivation menu after clicking on the 'Student Account' tile.  Click on Start Here to see your account balance and any recommended action messages and buttons.
  • On a large format device (desktop, laptop) you will be presented with the Account Balance page which shows your account balance and any recommended action messages.  You can navigate to other pages through the left-side menu navigation.
I see Due Charges at the bottom of my term summary page, but my term balance is zero. Why?
Anticipated Aid is considered in the Term Balance.  Although the Due Charges section may show items due, anticipated aid will apply to the charges when it is disbursed. 
How do I navigate the Student Account tile?

Fees & Payment

What if I make a schedule change after I complete the payment process?
You should always check your student account online at after making any schedule changes. Any amount owed must be paid by the designated due date on your account or your class schedule could be adjusted. Any amount owed to you for an overpayment will be refunded.
I am being charged a Medical Service Fee, but I have health insurance. Can that be waived?

The medical service fee is a mandatory fee and is charged to all students enrolled in a class that is connected to the Denton campus. It cannot be waived.

I am being charged a Recreational Facility Fee, but I do not plan to use the Recreational Center. Can that be waived?
The recreational facility fee is a mandatory fee and is charged to all students enrolled in a class that is connected to the Denton campus. It cannot be waived.
Can I obtain an official transcript with an outstanding balance owed to the University?
No. Any outstanding financial obligation must be resolved before an official transcript will be released to a current or former student.


How often do you process refunds?

Refunds are processed daily during registration periods and normally each Tuesday and Thursday during the remainder of the semester. Students having refunds processed during Fall & Spring registration periods should expect to see their refund by the last day of regular registration.

How can I determine if my refund has been processed?

Please review your student account online at myUNT. Select the "Account Balance" link under the "Finances" tab. click on the "Term Summary" tab to choose the appropriate semester. Choose "Account Detail." You will see an itemized list of your charges and payments. A refund will show as "Refund Processed" at the bottom of the page. Please remember that during the first disbursements of a semester, the refund process may take several days to complete. Students having refunds processed during Fall & Spring registration periods should expect to see their refund by the last day of regular registration.

My aid is on my account summary, why hasn't my refund processed?
A refund can only be processed if the aid has disbursed and moved from the anticipated aid category to financial aid category. Student Accounting typically processes refunds on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However that schedule can change based on the time of the semester. For example, when financial aid disburses in mass at the beginning of each semester Student Accounting processes refunds more frequently. If you feel that a refund should process to your account please check your for "to do" items, holds or messages. You may also visit or call financial aid at 940-565-2302 or Student Accounting at 940-565-3225 for additional assistance.

Waivers & Exemptions

Where do I go to turn in my Texas Tomorrow card or letter?

All Texas Tomorrow Fund information should be submitted to the Student Accounting department on the Denton Campus, located in room 105 of the Eagle Student Service Center. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The information can also be faxed to us at 940-565-3877.

How do I use the Valedictorian Exemption I received?

Students should bring the Exemption certificate to Student Accounting located in Room 105 of the Eagle Student Services Center at the Denton campus. The exemption must be used for the first regular session (Fall/Spring) immediately following graduation from high school.

Payment Plans

Is there an installment plan for the summer?
The installment plan is available for all semesters. Please visit our Payment Plan page for more information.

ID Cards

What do I do if I lose my UNT ID card?

Contact the ID Systems office immediately at (business hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm) and your card will be deactivated. Come to the ID Systems office in the Eagle Student Services Center Room 105 to get a new card. There is a $10 charge for replacement cards.

Financial Aid

When are loans, grants and scholarships posted to my account?

The Financial Aid department processes all loans, grants and scholarships. Once the loans, grants or scholarships are approved and funded (eg: student loans are received from the bank/lender), any anticipated aid is removed from your account and the Student Accounting department posts the amounts to your student account. The posting of loans, grants and scholarships is normally done each morning. You can view your account summary at to determine if any financial aid has been posted to your account.

Why is my financial aid loan posted on my account less than the amount I accepted?

Some student loans require you to pay an origination fee that is normally based on the amount of your loan. Information regarding the origination fees should be found in the loan documentation from the lender that you signed.


What do I do if I have questions about my 1098T?

For a question about your 1098T please call Student Accounting at 940-565-3225. Your information will be taken and forwarded to the appropriate personnel. All questions will be answered within 48 hours except during a peak period.

How do I get a 1098-T IRS tax form?

To print your current 1098-T or obtain a reprint of a 1098-T tax form for a previous calendar year, please log on to myUNT. Click on "Student Account" then click on the "Account Services" tab. Select the 1098-T tax form tab. Click on the desired 1098-T Tax Year and your 1098-T will be viewable and printable. NOTE: If you use a pop up blocker, you will have to disable it to display your 1098-T.


Why did I receive a notice about a "set-aside" amount taken out of my tuition?

To comply with Senate Bill 1304, passed by the 81st Texas Legislature, the University of North Texas is required to report to each student the amount of tuition paid by the student that must be set aside by law to provide financial assistance to qualified students. Students will receive an email notification during each semester notifying them of the exact amount of tuition set aside.